Meet Attorney Jon R. Hawk
Standing up for clients when they need help most
A certified mediator in general civil litigation, Attorney Jon R. Hawk, Sr. has been practicing law in Georgia for 20 years. Jon started his career defending insurance companies against personal injury claims. Now, he puts that valuable experience on “the other side” to work on behalf of his clients today. For the last 16 years, he has been advocating for injured people and their families in personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice and workers’ compensation cases.
In his career as a personal injury attorney, Jon has helped countless clients recover financial compensation that was needed to rebuild their lives after an accident. Now at his own Macon law firm, Jon R. Hawk, Sr., LLC, he is known as a tough negotiator and a skilled litigator who fights hard for clients.
Even when he’s not handling cases, Jon remains active as an advocate for accident victims and members of the community. Occasionally, he can be seen on local television stations discussing topics involving the law and public interest.
He is also an active member of the legal community, where his commitment to quality legal standards and high ethics has garnered him the respect of his peers. He is a presenter and speaker at legal seminars throughout the state of Georgia.
Jon has an eye for detail when it comes to personal injury cases. Other lawyers throughout the state refer their cases to him, because he can spot hidden sources of compensation that helps clients. In cases that other lawyers turned down, Jon brought back six-figure settlements. He’s proud of these results, because he was able to help injured clients who needed that compensation to recover.
Jon accepts cases throughout the state of Georgia and practices in all state and federal courts here.
- State Bar of Georgia, 1997
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, 1997
- B.A., Appalachian State University, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Macon Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Middle Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Rated AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to Georgia Rising Stars, Atlanta Magazine, 2005-2006