What To Expect After A Car Accident
Fighting for the injured in Middle Georgia
Most of us never expect to get into a car accident. When you’re in a crash, it can turn your life upside down. What will you use for transportation while the car is in the shop? How will you pay the high deductible on your health insurance? How do you go about filing a claim against the negligent driver's insurance? There are a lot of questions that most of us don't handle every day. Macon car accident attorney Jon R. Hawk helps you sort things out.
We often forget that an insurance policy is a contract. You are legally obligated to pay money to the insurance company and it is obligated to cover you for the cost of financial damages resulting from an accident. You make your payments on time. So why isn't the insurance company fulfilling its legal obligations? Jon R. Hawk, Sr., LLC fights to get insurance companies to meet their responsibilities.
Here are a few things you can expect from insurance companies after being involved in a car accident:
- Delays in the form of requiring further records and reports, or taking too much time while making a decision. Usually, the more time that goes by the more difficult it may be to document your losses.
- An offer of a low, quick settlement, in the hopes that you will accept the money just to put the problem behind you.
- Questioning the extent of your injuries.
- Insistence that you receive an independent medical exam (IME).
- Speculation that you were partially to blame for what happened.
- A denied claim because of a coverage dispute.
What you can expect from Jon R. Hawk
Many people in Middle Georgia who have been hurt in a car accident turn to Jon. He’s been helping people deal with complex auto insurance matters for years. He has earned a reputation for providing aggressive, effective representation, backed by compassionate client service.
Jon and his legal team investigate the accident to find out what really happened. We determine who was at fault, and look for evidence of negligence. Then Jon fights to hold the negligent parties responsible to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
As your lawyer, Jon builds a strong case that insurance companies have to take seriously. Because of this, he is often able to negotiate a settlement that meets your needs. And if the insurance company won’t negotiate, they can expect a tough court battle with a Macon attorney known for his litigation skills.
If you were hurt in a car accident in Middle Georgia, talk to Jon R. Hawk. For a free consultation, contact us today.